You should engage with your IT department in advance of your GC or GC/MS system installation to ensure they are ready to support any computers or printers that were shipped with your system.
Questions you should consider are:
- Do you plan on connecting your GC or GC/MS system to a lab network?
- Have all details available, administrator level access for the installing engineer, potentially have an IT representative available.
- Does your IT department have a required hard disk image?
- Installation, Checkout, and Introduction will be performed with the Agilent image as delivered. Any software changes after that time are subject to extra charges and not covered by the installation or system warranty.
- How will you be backing up your data, methods, sequences?
- If a H1172A Backup Solution was purchased from Agilent with Installation and Introduction, the installer will create a backup image of the physical hard disk when the installation and checkout is complete.