You need to know the power requirements for your new GC or GC/MS system, and ensure you have enough outlets for the installation.
This information is covered in the Site Preparation Checklists or Site Preparation Guides:
- 7890 Series GC Site Preparation Checklist
- 8860 GC Site Preparation Guide
- 8890 GC Site Preparation Guide
- Intuvo 9000 GC, GC/MS, and ALS Site Preparation Guide
- 5977B Series MSD Site Preparation Checklist
- 7000 and 7010 Series System Site Preparation Checklist
Power requirements are also discussed in these free Agilent Education Courses:
- For 8890 GCs: GC-8890-1201e - Getting Prepared for Your New GC System
- For Intuvo 9000 GCs: GC-9000-1201e - Preparing for Your New Agilent Intuvo 9000 GC
A common question is "Does Agilent support use of a UPS or surge protector with my GC or GC/MS system?" Refer to this file for the answer: Use of a UPS to Supply Power to an Agilent GC or GC/MS System.