You can customize what type of events you receive emails and live alert notifications for. This is configured by going to your user settings, clicking the Notifications tab, selecting the check boxes for the various actions in both the Email and Live Alert columns, then clicking Save.
Live Alert notifications will appear at the top of your screen in the bell icon to the left of your avatar/profile photo when you are logged into the Agilent Community.
For more information on email subscriptions please see Subscribing to areas of the Agilent Community.
More information about Notification types
The Agilent Community supports the following notifications:
- Email - The system will generate an email to notify you about activities you have requested notifications for - such as about new forum threads in a forum where you are subscribed. Selecting the Email check box in the Settings > Notifications tab will enable the email notification.
- Live Alert - Live alerts are small slide-out notifications that alert you to the activity you've requested notifications about. In the above example, selecting the Live Alert check box in the Settings > Notifications tab will enable the slide-out notification that someone has posted a forum thread to a forum where you're subscribed. The slide-out notification contains live links to the activity.
Activity from subscriptions - These notifications include actions other members take in relation to the blogs, forum threads, galleries, or wikis you're subscribed to, including:
- Blog posts in blogs to which you are subscribed
- Comments on blog posts to which you are subscribed
- Replies to a thread I'm subscribed to
- Creates threads in forums to which you are subscribed
- Comments on media files to which you are subscribed
- New media in galleries of which you are an owner
- Comments on wiki pages to which you are subscribed
- Updates a wiki page to which you are subscribed
Activity from your network - These notifications include actions other members take in relation to you (the member), for example following or mentioning, including:
- Follows me
- Approves my friendship request
- Requests my friendship
- New group invitation
- New group memberships not added by you
- Membership request in groups to which you are an owner
- Mentions my groups
- Mentions me
- Sends me a private message or replies to my private message
Activity related to content you write - These notifications include actions other members take in relation to your content, for example replying to your forum question/discussion or liking your content. The notifications include:
- Achievements awarded to you
- Comments on content that I comment on
- Comments on content I write
- Replies you created awaiting moderation
- Threads you created awaiting moderation
- Replies to a question or discussion I have replied to or suggested an answer to
- Suggests an answer to my question
- Verifies a reply as an answer to my question
- Forums requiring moderation
- Vote updates on ideas you create
- Likes on content I write
- Ratings on content I write
When a notification is unread, a count of unread notifications is displayed in a bubble above the queue ("Notifications") icon, as well as in the browser title bar. Viewing the notification in the queue marks the notification as read and decreases the unread count.