Shutting Down Vista/700 Series Instrument for a Lengthy Period of Time:
- Turn the peristaltic pump on, and pump all liquid from the sample lines, nebulizer and spray chamber. Ensure you pump all the liquid out of the sample introduction components.
- Turn off the heat exchanger/chiller (water supply), then wait a few minutes.
- Turn off argon supply.
- Close the software and shut the instrument PC down.
- Switch off the power to the instrument (front left power switch).
Starting Up Vista/700 Series Instruments after a Lengthy Period of Shut-down:
- Switch the instrument power on (front left switch).
- Open the software.
- Turn on the argon, then wait a few minutes. (When argon is on, the minimum purge of 0.7L/min will be in effect while software is open. If needing to analyze wavelengths less than 190nm, turn the polyboost purge on in the software.)
- Turn on the heat exchanger/chiller (water supply).
Notes: When you repower the unit on, the optics will be at room temperature. Turn the unit power on and allow the optics to warm for 1 day, prior to starting an analysis.