Midway through the analysis, the argon ran out, and error code 11011: Vacuum (IF/BK) time out, vacuum too high to start turbo pump, appeared. I've attempted a full system restart, but the same error persists

Midway through the analysis, the argon ran out, and error code 11011: Vacuum (IF/BK) time out, vacuum too high to start turbo pump, appeared. I've attempted a full system restart, but the same error persists

Parents Reply Children
  • Ok, I'm cleaning the cones, changing the graphite gasket and I will replace the oil on the pump as well to see if it works.

• Larger are the orifices of the cones, particularly the sample cone, more chance you have to get the IF/Bk pressure errors. Usually when the sample cone is too used then is passing too much air or whatever trough it at the interface, and the ICP senses a pressure much higher than expected, and will not start the turbo. Better use a new Sample cone. Yes, the oil in the preliminary pump may help, but may not be the cause.

1101 Error: Vacuum (BK) time out, vacuum too high to start turbo pump.
    The turbomolecular pump cannot work because the vacuum pressure (IF/BK) is not
    below the limit within the prescribed time (When the instrument is changing from
    Shutdown mode to Standby mode).
    Check the vacuum pressure (IF/BK). The following causes are inferred.
    • The vent valve is not closed or the seal is incomplete.
    • The cover of the vacuum chamber is not closed or the seal is incomplete.
    • The power of the foreline pump is not connected or the breaker is OFF.
    • The foreline pump oil level is low or the oil is dirty.
    • There is a leak in the gate valve.
    • The vacuum tubing has failed (the tubing is off, or a leak is caused by an incomplete seal such
    as a pin hole or a defective O-ring).
    • There is a fault in the Pirani gauge (IF/BK) or the Connection PCA.
    • There is a leak in the backing line, between turbo pump backing port to foreline pump inlet.

Was this helpful?