Midway through the analysis, the argon ran out, and error code 11011: Vacuum (IF/BK) time out, vacuum too high to start turbo pump, appeared. I've attempted a full system restart, but the same error persists

Midway through the analysis, the argon ran out, and error code 11011: Vacuum (IF/BK) time out, vacuum too high to start turbo pump, appeared. I've attempted a full system restart, but the same error persists

Parents
  • Hello! There is the Error 1101... It could be probably generated due to an incomplete closure of the gate-valve. The gate-valve separates (when closed) the vacuum chamber (where is vacuum) from the outside and is driven by Argon pressure, thus, when the Argon pressure sadly drops, the gate-valve can't close because there is not enough pressure to push it. To check that you have to remove the cones and the assembly of lenses behind the cones. Behind the lenses should be no hole further into the vacuum chamber but just a silvery black wall (circular shape). If the gate is not closed, it could be maneuvered (by a service engineer) into open and then closed state, from the Service interface of Mass Hunter (the Ar should be on and you need to have a proper pressure).

• Is there any procedure to perform the closure by myself? I am in Colombia, and the technical service is terrible; I have been waiting for an engineer for over a week. Is it possible for me to do it myself?

Reply Children
Was this helpful?