MassHunter Arrange Compounds By/User Defined

In MassHunter, how do you utilize the Arrange Compounds By/User Defined capability? I would like to be able to group my compounds by compound class, so that I report surrogates as a group, and families of compounds as different groups, rather than by retention time or alphabetically order etc. I would especially like a way to do this for report generation. Is the Arrange Compounds By function helpful here?

Parents
  • Hi,

i dont know if its exactly what you looking for, but in edit method u can set your compound group by right click of mouse and add columns -> Quantifier->Cmpd.Group and after that in batche table right click again and arrange compounds by compound group.

• Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested, and I am able to arrange by group in the batch table. However, I see that the report that is generated still gives the compounds in retention time order. Is there a way to make the report reflect the compound group order? I assume I'd need to edit the report template, but not sure where to start with this.

Edited to add--I think I may need a push in the right direction towards editing the xml templates. If there's a resource or intro guide, that might be all I need to figure it out. Thanks again!

• Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested, and I am able to arrange by group in the batch table. However, I see that the report that is generated still gives the compounds in retention time order. Is there a way to make the report reflect the compound group order? I assume I'd need to edit the report template, but not sure where to start with this.

Edited to add--I think I may need a push in the right direction towards editing the xml templates. If there's a resource or intro guide, that might be all I need to figure it out. Thanks again!

Children
Was this helpful?