MassHunter reports, grouping omitting some compounds

Hello,

I am running a method that quantifies several analytes in a sample, though a couple of them are categorized in groups. The grouping displays the sum of the individual analytes of that group.

I am trying to create a report that will display the groups, but not show the individual analytes.

For example: say I have analytes A, B, C, ..., M.
Analytes C and D are in "Group 1". Analytes G, H, I, J are in "Group 2"
I want the report to show something like this:

Analyte A
Analyte B
Group 1
Analyte E
Analyte F
Group 2
Analyte K
Analyte L
Analyte M

Is there a way to customize my report to achieve this task?

Thank you,
Rob

Parents Reply

I have found at least one way to do this. In my limited testing it appears to work. It is not very elegant, but it is simple to implement. Or at least for my data and report it was.

What you can do is utilize the User Defined and User Defined 1 fields.

Go into the method editor and put an entry in the User Defined column for every compound that you do NOT want reported.

Then in the User Defined 1 column make an entry that will sort alphabetically in the order you want the compounds to appear in. Since I had less than 26 I just used a,b,c.

You can add these columns in the main Compound setup window and it will look something like this.

Now in the bindings for your report where you filter for the target compounds, add a filter for <UserDefined> is NULL. 

Then change the sorting to be done by UserDefined1. It should look something like this.

In my modified template it resulted in this output. 

Children
Was this helpful?