Help setting up existing GC-MS for Drug Analysis EPA

Hi all, 

Our dedicated drug quant GC-MS has finally given up, so as the title suggests I'm setting up an existing GC-MS to run drug analysis for nicotine, with the hope to use /Drug Analysis/EnviroQuant/EPA using ChemStation. It currently runs in 'Enhanced' mode. 

I have been through the GC-MS Configuration tool, but when I go to select the Workflow Mode, it *only* has Enhanced mode to select in the drop-down. Normally I would check the existing PC controller for the old GC for the setup parameters, but when I try to load up the configuration on there, the PC freezes and the program doesn't open. I am using the attached setup workflow guide

Is the lack of Drug Analysis/EnviroQuant/EPA a software error, or will I need to re-install/re-configure anything from there? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Parents Reply
  • Things to remember.

1. Backup all data, methods, sequences and anything you do not want deleted. 

2. Write done all IP addresses and Quad polarity in MS config then delete instrument. 

3. Remove MSD Chemstation Data Analysis first in Add/Remove Programs.

4. Remove Mass Hunter Acquisition in Add/Remove Programs.

5. Rename the folder GCMS to GCMSOLD in C:\.

6. Reload Mass Hunter Acquisition, but do not configure instrument.

7. Reload MSD Chemstation Data Analysis. Then reconfigure instrument.

Now make sure you have no other sw loaded like Gerstel, CTC, Headspace and such.

Children
Was this helpful?