7697A Headspace Sampler Transfer line Connection to 7890B GC

We recently obtained a 7697A Headspace Sampler for a 7890B GC. The sampler is used and I'm not sure we received all that is necessary to connect it to the GC. We have a vertical bracket and clamp to hold the transfer line above the GC inlet, but nothing for the connecting interface. I was hoping someone could point to the items needed for the interface and/or a picture of this connection. 

Parents Reply Children
  • The GC is a 7890B. Our intention is to do headspace sampling only using the 7697A Headspace Sampler. The connection in question is the transfer line to the primary inlet of the GC. We do not have an autosampler for liquid samples on the system. We do not intend to do liquid injections at this point. If we do, we will inject using a syringe with the inlet configured for that purpose.

I want to know how to connect the terminal end of the headspace transfer line to the primary inlet of the GC.

The situation is explained in the original post. I don't know how to express it better than that. With the "answers" I'm getting, I wonder if I need to include pictures.

Was this helpful?