7900 ICP-MS connection problem

Hi,

since recently I have connection problems between the ICP-MS 7900 and the mass hunter software. The first time a batch process got stuck on one sample. After rebooting the computer, the connection was there again, but it broke off after about 30 minutes. I managed to get a connection once more to turn the plasma off, but when I tried investigating the issues the next day no connection between the software and the tool could be established. Same thing after power cycling the ICP-MS.

The connection is via crossover cable and a LAN to USB connector (since the main lan port of the computer is used). Assuming a problem in the LAN-usb adapter, I tried getting a connection via a small network (computer, ICPMS and router only). During that the IP of the computer was fixed to be within the same subarea (192.168.1.126, so not identical to the original crossover+adapter ip address 127) and I switched the crossover cable to a regular cat 5e cable. However trying to ping the tool at it's old address (192.168.1.128) was not successful (destination host is unreachable). I also tried the same with the direct crossover cable and with another omputer getting the same result. 

I went through the MassHunter installation guide but did not find anything fitting the situation, since the issue is not really related to the Bootp/Web interface settings but to not having a connection at all. The lights on the LAN port on the ICP-MS 7900 side are flashing and also the one’s on the router were the patch cable coming from the ICP-MS is connected. So I would assume the network device inside the ICP-MS is working.

Any idea how to get the communication running again? Is there a default IP address the tool falls back to? The ICPMS model is from 2015 and the computer is running windows 7.

thanks in advance,

Finn Babbe

Was this helpful?