7900 ICP-MS connection problem

Hi,

since recently I have connection problems between the ICP-MS 7900 and the mass hunter software. The first time a batch process got stuck on one sample. After rebooting the computer, the connection was there again, but it broke off after about 30 minutes. I managed to get a connection once more to turn the plasma off, but when I tried investigating the issues the next day no connection between the software and the tool could be established. Same thing after power cycling the ICP-MS.

The connection is via crossover cable and a LAN to USB connector (since the main lan port of the computer is used). Assuming a problem in the LAN-usb adapter, I tried getting a connection via a small network (computer, ICPMS and router only). During that the IP of the computer was fixed to be within the same subarea (192.168.1.126, so not identical to the original crossover+adapter ip address 127) and I switched the crossover cable to a regular cat 5e cable. However trying to ping the tool at it's old address (192.168.1.128) was not successful (destination host is unreachable). I also tried the same with the direct crossover cable and with another omputer getting the same result. 

I went through the MassHunter installation guide but did not find anything fitting the situation, since the issue is not really related to the Bootp/Web interface settings but to not having a connection at all. The lights on the LAN port on the ICP-MS 7900 side are flashing and also the one’s on the router were the patch cable coming from the ICP-MS is connected. So I would assume the network device inside the ICP-MS is working.

Any idea how to get the communication running again? Is there a default IP address the tool falls back to? The ICPMS model is from 2015 and the computer is running windows 7.

thanks in advance,

Finn Babbe

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?