This Information Applies To: Agilent Lab Advisor Software for any Agilent LC System.
To successfully troubleshoot an Agilent LC system or module, the System Report is an essential resource. Agilent Support representatives may ask you to provide them with this information.
The report contains detailed summary information of your system configuration, modules, error messages and logs, firmware versions, LAN settings, and past test results. This article shows you how to create it and what to be aware of.
Steps to follow:
- Go to your Lab Advisor Software and connect to your instrument (see How to add a new system in Lab Advisor and How to Install Lab Advisor).
- On the left side navigation bar, under My Instrument (as per Figure 1; this is the name of your instrument), click System Report.
- Enter your contact information (optional) and, if necessary, comment on any issue or for later reference.
- Make sure that the check boxes for Include PC information in the General tab and for Include instrument actuals in the My Instrument tab are selected.
- Important: In the General tab, under Included Information, typically select Include last 10 tests of module and last 50 log entries if not asked differently. If you want to be on the safe side, select Include all data.
- In the bottom right, click Create Report.
- On the preview that appears in the top menu, click the Save Icon to export the Report as a PDF file, adjusting the documents name if necessary.
- If asked, send the file to your local Agilent Support representative.
The following animation will guide you through the instructions on how to generate the report and include all necessary information (Figure 1):
Learn more on how to effectively operate the Agilent Lab Advisor Software:
Agilent Lab Advisor User Manual on Agilent.com