Advanced search results will display when you press Enter. Search is context-sensitive in that it recognizes the context it's being used in (such as a specific group or application) and returns results based on it the first time. Note that once you have pressed Enter, you have left any group you were in. If you search again, the search filters will change to the default.
For example, I was in the Gas Chromatography group and searched for FID. I pressed Enter and landed in Advanced search, this is the hyperlink. https://community.agilent.com/search?q=FID&group=40
If I narrow down the search to read “FID fails to ignite” without pressing Enter, I am still searching within the Gas Chromatography group. Note how “group=40” remains in the URL. https://community.agilent.com/search?q=FID%20fails%20to%20ignite&group=40
If I press Enter and search again, I’m now searching anywhere and everything. Note how the link changes. https://community.agilent.com/search?q=FID%20fails%20to%20ignite
Advanced search offers the following drop-down parameters. Note that these are what change to default each time you press Enter in Advanced search.
- Relevancy – Most relevant, Most recent, Alphabetical, and Highest Rating
- Content type – will depend on what is available (i.e. Forums, Wikis, Files)
- Location – Anywhere or group names
- Author – Usernames
- Tags – Regardless of Tags or a specific tag
- Recency – Any time, In the past week, In the past month, In the past year