Post-run Macro to export Signal Raw Data to ASCII

Dear All,

I'm using a GC system 7890A and controlling it with Chem-Station software.

I was wondering if anyone can help me in finding a way to automatically export the signal raw data to an ASCII file, ideally also with the option of choosing the folder destination.

I have already tried to modify the report output, however I managed to produce only a .txt file containing the integrated peaks' area, but not the signal raw data (X and Y values).

I think the answer lies in writing a post-run command/macro to be inserted when I edit the method that I use, however I am really unfamiliar with macro running and would be grateful if you could help me in this, or any other solutions I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance for your time

Best Regards,

Amedeo

Parents Reply
  • I've attached an updated macro.  The exported data files are now called DAD1A.txt, FLD1A.txt, FID1B.txt....and so on.

The FLD data does get loaded into the ChromReg register but only if its added in the Signal details.  So I've added a LoadFile command at the beginning of the macro which loads all the signals for the current sample and then it can export them all.  It will open a "Current Chromatogram(s)" window for them and I can't figure out how to automatically close that window when it's done.  Its not a big deal because it will continue to use that one window for every sample in a sequence, leaving you with one window open at the end.

Anyway, give this one a try.

Tim

USER.mac.zip
Children
Was this helpful?