Has anyone managed to get an 8453 UV/Vis to work under Windows 10?

Followed the LAN setup in the manual, yet all I get is Powerfail. Using Chemstation version B.05.04 (which is supposed to work on Windows 10).

Parents
  • The old JetDirect card J4100A can be used without BootP, if BootP causes problems with Windows-10. According to Agilent's document "Setting up a LAN Instrument Network", page 15,  J4100A has a default IP of 192.168.254.11 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 . Accordingly, you let the Chemstation know this address the following way: Start the Agilent ChemStation Configuration Editor by double-clicking on the Configuration Editor icon in the UV- visible ChemStation start- up group, by choosing Start > All Programs > UV-Visible ChemStations > UV-Vis Configuration Editor. This is from Agilent's Manual, Part Number G1115-90040, page 136. Have not tried it yet, but planning to. Will keep you posted.

• The old JetDirect card J4100A can be used without BootP, if BootP causes problems with Windows-10. According to Agilent's document "Setting up a LAN Instrument Network", page 15,  J4100A has a default IP of 192.168.254.11 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 . Accordingly, you let the Chemstation know this address the following way: Start the Agilent ChemStation Configuration Editor by double-clicking on the Configuration Editor icon in the UV- visible ChemStation start- up group, by choosing Start > All Programs > UV-Visible ChemStations > UV-Vis Configuration Editor. This is from Agilent's Manual, Part Number G1115-90040, page 136. Have not tried it yet, but planning to. Will keep you posted.

Children
  • I went through everything I could find, but it appears that BootP doesn't work properly in Windows 10 and even when you follow the instructions it fails. As I mentioned above, the only way I found to get it working was to replace the JetDirect card with a LAN card (which has onboard IP so no need for BootP).

• The G1369A,B, or C LAN card is the only supported communication card for the 8453 or 8454.  The JetDirect card G1846A referred to the in the Installation manual is not a model number of the card, but rather a product number.  A G4816A purchased today would consist of a G1369C LAN card.

The J4100A HP JetDirect card is not supported on Windows 7 or Windows 10. (You may verify this at hp.com)  

(Trivia fact: A fixed address could be assigned to the J4100A JetDirect card using a G1323A Handheld Controller, a module from an 1100 HPLC module, revision A.09.01 of LC ChemStation software, and Windows NT or Windows 2000.  This would not be useful today and there are no instructions available to do this even if you have the hardware required.)

Was this helpful?