Excel addins not found by quant

Original posted in this discussion -

(8) Report Builder 10.1 Multiple Sample information per page - Mass Spectrometry Software User Forum - Mass Spectrometry Software - Agilent Community

That was it, it still has a little more work to be done on my end touching it up. Thank you so much for the help!

Separate question: It does not look like the engineer installed the excel portion of report building/template editing, do you know if that would be installed from the USB's or if that would be on one of the CD's included?

Parents

If the addins or templates were not installed you can go to the Windows Control Panel->Programs and Features, select quant and choose Change. Then in Maintenance choose Change and you can install the Excel templates and/or addins. Make certain you have Excel 32-bit installed as that is still the only supported version and the only version quant will attempt to install addins for. 

If they are installed but missing from Excel, make certain you have 32-bit Excel installed and try running the Repair Quantitative Analysis Reporting tool from the quant tools folder in the Start menu. 

• Thanks for the help, I am running 32 bit Excel. When I try to use one of the Excel Templates I get the error pictured below. I went through the repair for the Quantitative Analysis and this error still occurs.

I then double checked that it was installed, but I continue to get the error saying they cannot be detected.

Next check in Excel to see if the Addin Loader is active and if the Quant addin is available.

In Excel go to File and then choose Options. From there go to Add-Ins

The MassHunter Addin Loader should be active. If it is not, you can activate it by using the Go... button to manage the Add-Ins.

The Quant addin does not need to be active, it only needs to be in the list of available Add-Ins. It will be activated when the template is called by Quant. 

• I checked Excel and it has both the Addin Loader and the Qual, but it does not have the Quant option. I looked in the folder where the other two are located to see if I could add it but it was not there either. How would I go about installing the Quant option? 

This can be a result of newer versions of Office using different Add-In paths. If both the Addin Loader and Qual Add-Ins installed successfully in the same Excel Add-In folder, you can manually copy in the Quant Add-In and supporting files to the same folder. You will need to have local admin privileges to copy files to the protected Programs folder. And as always great care should be taken when doing so. 

Attached are the Quant 10.0 Excel addins for Excel 2016 and higher. Unzip and manually copy the files to the Add-in folder. If the loader is already present and working, I would not copy it, just copy the files for quant. 

MassHunter Reporting Quant 10.0 Excel 2016.zip

As a final step, make certain to enable the option to Trust access to the VBA project object model by going to File, Options, and then Trust Center, Trust Center Settings..., and Macro Settings. 

This can be a result of newer versions of Office using different Add-In paths. If both the Addin Loader and Qual Add-Ins installed successfully in the same Excel Add-In folder, you can manually copy in the Quant Add-In and supporting files to the same folder. You will need to have local admin privileges to copy files to the protected Programs folder. And as always great care should be taken when doing so. 

Attached are the Quant 10.0 Excel addins for Excel 2016 and higher. Unzip and manually copy the files to the Add-in folder. If the loader is already present and working, I would not copy it, just copy the files for quant. 

MassHunter Reporting Quant 10.0 Excel 2016.zip

As a final step, make certain to enable the option to Trust access to the VBA project object model by going to File, Options, and then Trust Center, Trust Center Settings..., and Macro Settings. 

Children
Was this helpful?