DA Reprocessor: The operation has timed out

I'm trying to use the DA Reprocessor (B.08.00) to process TOF data as a batch on a Windows workstation.  If there are too many features, the DA Reprocessor stops with the following error in the log:

Failed to run worklist Qual: The Operation has time out.

I know the processing will work if I run it in MassHunter Qualitative Analysis, but I have many files to process.  Is there a way, maybe in a config file, to extend the amount of time before it gives the error?

On a related note, is there a way to increase the number of CPU cores the software will use?  It appears using Task Manager that the software generally won't use more than one (of eight).

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi dtush,

According to R&D - the DA Reprocessor has a hard-coded (not user editable) timeout value of 1 hour. As such - I'm surprised to hear that your encountering a timeout error while processing your data. Does your data actually take 1 hour to process (even interactively)?

If not, I'd like to collect an example data to study. One which does not complete before the timeout error is thrown. Would you be willing to share the data file, method, and a few specifics about which workflow you're running (find by formula, or MFE + a library search, etc)?

Best,

Matt

• The one hour hard-coded time limit sounds unfortunate and is compounded by the DA Reprocessor halting at the error.  That means I have to restart the worklist (after the one that had the error and process it in Qual (B.07.00)--where it certainly takes time, but will run to completion.

I'd be happy to provide the applicable files.  What is the best way to get the to you?

The workflow is simple:  MFE + DB search.  The database contains about 4,000 entries.

Thanks for looking at the problem.

• The one hour hard-coded time limit sounds unfortunate and is compounded by the DA Reprocessor halting at the error.  That means I have to restart the worklist (after the one that had the error and process it in Qual (B.07.00)--where it certainly takes time, but will run to completion.

I'd be happy to provide the applicable files.  What is the best way to get the to you?

The workflow is simple:  MFE + DB search.  The database contains about 4,000 entries.

Thanks for looking at the problem.

Children
Was this helpful?