Gerstel maestro won't come up

Hi all

Having trouble with chemstation Gerstel. the program won't come up..

Using GC7890 with 5975C

Getting the following error

"Data subscription failed. Are inbound ports blocked? is there a 7890 at the IP adress?"

It suddenly appeared...

Will appreciate any help..

Thanks

Roy

Parents
  • Roy,

Can you clarify whether or not this is a ChemStation error or a Maestro error?

What revision of MSD ChemStation are you using? When was the last time that you were able to launch the software successfully without error? Are you able to launch an instrument that is not configured with a Gerstel sampler?

• Hi

I'm using chemstation revision G1701EA E.02.02.1431 and the last successful launch was a day yesterday.

It seems the malfunction accrued (during a "run" with a "new" method we are trying. involves FID HS for DCM residue, all the vials were sampled.. punctured but no directory or data files were created. that is also an issue but is set aside for this one) because of a windows update that was required. the GC IP address simply vanished. I managed to retrive it and tested it with ping reply but still got the above error.

I spent some time over the phone with a service engineer from ELDAN and tried launching without Gerstel, unsuccessfully. tried reconfiguration of IP but didn't work.  It seems while Maestro starts up that massage pops up.. and the engineer does not want to "mess" with Gerstel configuration.. So I guess the problem is with the Maestro but realy can't say for sure..

after getting the above error and prssing OK I get the following pics and then it crashes

• thank you very much for that input.. Unfortunately the Maestro has trouble communicating with it's controller (C506) and won't initialize at all.

adding here pics of the error massages I get...

• Hi Michael

uploaded the report to your cloud..

Also tried removing "check" from "inegrated" at Gerstel cnfig editor - the Maestro did not come uo as expected but chemstation did not either - got the same old original error

"Data subscription failed. Are inbound ports blocked? is there a 7890 at the IP adress?"

Roy

• Hello Roy,

looks like: no communication to our controller.

several reasons: PC got a new IP (different range than our c506); c506 off; LAN cable from PC to c506 missing, LAN Hub/Switch off....

Checks (DEPENDING ON: if c506 is connected over "RS232" or "LAN")

1) pre-info collection

1a) open the "Maestro configuration editor" to see what is selected for c506 communication

1b) create an MaestroSystemReport: by “GerstelSystemReporter.exe” (inside “C:\Program Files (x86)\Gerstel\Maestro”) => upload on my cloud space

2.) LAN checks

a) check the display of c506: it must be illuminated + some characters shown

if so (only if firmware age is less than 4Y): press several times STOP (@c506) => IP of 506 will be shown

e.g.: 10.1.1.178 

b) do a Windows CMD ping on the seen IP of c506:

(PC keyboard press) Windows key (and simultaneously) R => type in white field

ping 10.1.1.178

expected positive answer: "bytes=”  “time XX ms”….

3.) if all may take too long & you want to spend time again on the “data subscription failed” analysis

We can remove Maestro from the ChemStation Integration => use the maestro configuration editor => and uncheck the “Integrated” option

1. e.g.

regards, Michael

• Hello,

yes, both systems have problems with network => so PC-networking is mixed up

a) (like written by danots): disable one NIC

b) in addition: please ask your IT => what about security SW / Firewall  /antivirus protection ... etc. ?

personal comment:

* What is strange: the PC date is set to 4th Aug 2011 !!!!

* future aspect: I think an expert should visit you (onsite engineer or by a remote session: TeamViewer)

regards, Michael

################################  side info from our SystemReport.cab   ################################ 

* Win XP SP3

* RAM: 2 GB

* G1701: E.02.01.1177

* MPS

FW 2.5.2 (RS232 only communication)

@COM1

* c506

FW: 1.10.07.099

@IP: 10.10.10.10

* Maestro: 1.3.20.41

* IP's

PC: 10.10.10.1

MS: 10.10.10.2

GC: 10.10.10.3

• If you have two network cards, try disabling the one for the company network.  Then run the software and see if it is able to connect.  I have recently seen several cases where a second network card that is properly configured, prevents the software from starting.  Disabling this card when you first load the software resolves the problem and then the card can be re-enabled.

• Hi all

I've been working with a service engineer via team viewer from Eldan, our (Israel) Agilent distributor on this problem for a few days now. he tried most (if not all) your suggestions and, unfortunately, without success. the problem is he is unfamiliar with Gerstel systems.

I Tried emailing Gerstel but no response from them so far.. and their distributer in Israel could not resolve the problem.

Before calling an onsite engineer I would love it if we could arrange for a team viewer session from Agilent if it's possible.

Regurds,

Roy

• Hi all

I've been working with a service engineer via team viewer from Eldan, our (Israel) Agilent distributor on this problem for a few days now. he tried most (if not all) your suggestions and, unfortunately, without success. the problem is he is unfamiliar with Gerstel systems.

I Tried emailing Gerstel but no response from them so far.. and their distributer in Israel could not resolve the problem.

Before calling an onsite engineer I would love it if we could arrange for a team viewer session from Agilent if it's possible.

Regurds,

Roy

Children
Was this helpful?