cyanate detection on Qtof 6550 iFunnel

Hi!

I have been trying hard to detect a small molecule called cyanate (m/z 41.9985) in negative mode using QTOF 6550 iFunnel. We are using a hypercarb column using sodium acetate (20 mM, pH 7) in water for Buffer A and acetonitrile for Buffer B, with a general gradient (95%A to 100%B over ~30 min). After several attempts, we found only "zero abundance" upon EIC for the target mass even with an appropriate range setting on method (m/z 25-3200). Is there anyone who can offer us a good suggestion for the detection? I am also attaching tune report file for detailed settings that w have been using. 

We will really appreciate for any inputs and thank you!

Joonseok

Parents Reply Children
  • Oh, the minimum value is 25 on the system and I have seen papers where the cyanate molecule was successfully detected using a similar Agilent Qtof machine (6520 ESI, please see the figure below). I have contacted the author of the paper that I am attaching here and he worries that our AJS could have fragmented the target. By the way, how do you think if I can adjust the value as recommended in the manual tune for small molecule detection?  

Thank you!

Was this helpful?