Tuning no signal

Hi

After running the APCI tuning checktune, autotun -dual on our HPLC-MS, the MSD cannot find the signal. They more look like noise and fails the tuning.

Can anyone givee a suggestion?

Parents
  • That's more an MS question, so you might want to post your issue in a different forum.

Beside from that, is your MS a Single Quad? G6100 series? Do you get any error message from the software, something like: "Difficulty with spray chamber electronics"? If your spray chamber settings are okay, you have verified that a sufficient amount tuning mix makes it to the nebulizer and you're using a fresh bottle of the correct mix, then I would also make that the corona needle is clean and sharp, the nebulizer is adjusted correctly and the spray shield is clean.

• Thanks for replying. I will post this too on MS forum.

Yes. single quad, and sorry forgot the details. The instrument is Agilent LC-MS (1260 HPLC and 6120 MSD). Other details,

- cleaned the source, corona needle with mesh and IPA:water 50:50, every day or before every sequence

- checked the nebulizer needle if the tuning mix drops are coming out and also if the spray is coming out 

- changed the column to see any issue with the column 

- changed to a different standard material to see any issue with the sample itself 

- changed the solvent bottles to new solvent mix

- refilled the tuning mix bottle to a new one

I mostly get error message of "Peak width adjust error: the valid range for width gain is -2047 to 2047" and the chromatogram shows bunch of small peaks. 

• Thanks for replying. I will post this too on MS forum.

Yes. single quad, and sorry forgot the details. The instrument is Agilent LC-MS (1260 HPLC and 6120 MSD). Other details,

- cleaned the source, corona needle with mesh and IPA:water 50:50, every day or before every sequence

- checked the nebulizer needle if the tuning mix drops are coming out and also if the spray is coming out 

- changed the column to see any issue with the column 

- changed to a different standard material to see any issue with the sample itself 

- changed the solvent bottles to new solvent mix

- refilled the tuning mix bottle to a new one

I mostly get error message of "Peak width adjust error: the valid range for width gain is -2047 to 2047" and the chromatogram shows bunch of small peaks. 

Children
Was this helpful?