"Cannot open log for source", Software issue during start up of GC/MS Data Aquisition B.07.01 (GC 7890B MS 5977A Windows 7)

Hello all,

I have a problem with the GC/MS Data Aquisition software (version B.07.01) after restarting the computer (Win 7) it is running on.
The software first checks for the MS, the GC and the Chemstation, which finishes with "All Networked Instruments found" before the GUI opens.
Than a window opens which reports a Bootup ConfigUI Error (see screenshot) with the message "Cannot open log for source 'AgGC7890Drv '. You may not have write access."
The only possibility is to press OK after which the program opens a second dialog and then shuts down (second screenshot). 

I already tried to change the permissions for the folders of the software itself (PROGRAMS/GCMS) and the folders containing the log files as well as running it as administrator.
Does anybody experienced this issue and know how to solve/circumvent it?

Kind regards

Parents Reply
  • Hi vschneid,

This would be done through Windows control panel, Right click on the Acquisition program and the menus should appear. I have placed an example below. You will need your software media to do this. The repair function may not show in some cases as it is software dependent. If it doesn't then I would try a reinstall. You may want to consult with your local Agilent Support Center for in depth support. I would also suggest that you back up any critical methods and data before you attempt any repair or reinstall.

Regards

James 

Children
Was this helpful?