Annoying regular ghost peaks?

Hi guys, I'm experiencing regular times ghost peaks starting at 120°C to 295°C.....my setup is GC-FID 6890, Low pressure drop, Ultra Inert Liner with glass wool, column HP1 widebore.....

I have cutted the inj/det 5 inches of column, heated at 295°C with 1mL/min Nitrogen flow, changed the liner...but nothing has changed.

The column is new, I only injected few samples of "ketones" in acetone.

The analysis below is a vial of HEXANE; I have those regular ghost peaks injecting acetone or acetonitrile as well.

What I have to do?

THANX

Parents
  • Ghost peaks that elute in a series like this are generally related to septum bleed. The regularly spaced peaks are indicative of a homologous series of siloxanes bleeding off of the silicone septa material. This could be coming from the septum itself or could be from septum chunks in the inlet and/or liner.

What inlet septa material do you use? I recommend the Agilent Advanced Green or BTO septa.

Have you tried changing the liner and gold inlet seal?

Best regards,

Jason

• Ghost peaks that elute in a series like this are generally related to septum bleed. The regularly spaced peaks are indicative of a homologous series of siloxanes bleeding off of the silicone septa material. This could be coming from the septum itself or could be from septum chunks in the inlet and/or liner.

What inlet septa material do you use? I recommend the Agilent Advanced Green or BTO septa.

Have you tried changing the liner and gold inlet seal?

Best regards,

Jason

Children
Was this helpful?