LAN adapter part number

Hello everyone,

I have a LAN issue on a GC 6890N/1530N (GC keeps going offline randomly and ping works randomly). I suspect it is from the LAN adaptater after changing ethernet cable and checking power saving features as described here.

I have an old GC, same model that has the same LAN adapter part number G1530-61910 (see attached picture).

However on Agilent website, the replacement kit part number is G1530-62010 as found here.

Is it the same ? Why is the part number different ?

Thanks in advance !

Parents
  • Hi farameris,

G1530-62010 is the correct replacement part and includes the metal shield case. The board part is not available on its own. The G1530-61910 is most likely an internal part that we use inside of Agilent. I don't see where we have ever been able to order that part. Its good you are doing your homework on parts research. Some parts stenciled on boards and other parts can be sub assembly parts and cannot be ordered on their own.

Regards

James

• Hi James,

Just a followup on this. I changed the Lan adapter with G1530-62010.

However, I still had a deconnexion this weekend and when sending a ping to the GC, the response time is random and high (between 1ms to sometimes 32ms). Is there anything else to check (drivers, etc.) ? Could it be the GC mainboard that is damaging the LAN adapter or the mainboard connector that is failing ?

Regards

• Hi James,

Network is simple : only the GC/MS is configured (MS IP 10.1.1.101 & GC IP 10.1.1.102). No firewall (windows defender is stopped). No updates (windows updates unactivated). Screen saver is as required by agilent specifications...

I saw a BR3032 button cell on the mainboard, is it something to change ? If so, when ?

Regards

• Hi farameris,

Can you tell me how your networking is set up? Static IP and a simple network? Firewall status etc. ? I think we need to rule out other possibilities before we talk mainboard.

Regards

James

• Yes 10.1.1.100 for the pc.

I tried changing hub, ethernet cables, swiping positions between MS vs. GC ethernet cables/positions.

No, everything is fine with the GC settings.

What about changing the mainboard ? Is there anything else to check ?

Regards

• I assume PC is 10.1.1.100? I would make sure the hub or switch you are using is not the cause by swapping another in place. 

The battery on the mainboard is there to hold parameters such as serial number etc when the GC is turned off and unplugged. Unless you are seeing loss of GC settings then the battery is ok. 

Regards

James 

• If we can assume that all networking is ok. Please review below even though you confirmed.

PC 10.1.1.100 , GC 10.1.1.101, MSD 10.1.1.102  , Subnet mask for all three 255.255.255.0

There should be no gateway entry configured on the GC,MSD or PC, for a simple set up with just a PC and switch. 

You could try a crossover cable direct from PC to the GC and test that way (GC only Configuration) . If you are still having the same issue, I would be looking at replacing the mainboard in the GC. See disclaimer below.

The advice I give here is the best I can offer without being in front of the instrument. For replacing circuit boards and anything internal to the instrument I always recommend Agilent Trained Service personnel as electronics parts are not easily returned once opened. There are also matters of instrument and user safety , firmware, adjustments etc to be considered. The instruments are not meant to be user serviceable under the covers.

Regards

James

• If we can assume that all networking is ok. Please review below even though you confirmed.

PC 10.1.1.100 , GC 10.1.1.101, MSD 10.1.1.102  , Subnet mask for all three 255.255.255.0

There should be no gateway entry configured on the GC,MSD or PC, for a simple set up with just a PC and switch. 

You could try a crossover cable direct from PC to the GC and test that way (GC only Configuration) . If you are still having the same issue, I would be looking at replacing the mainboard in the GC. See disclaimer below.

The advice I give here is the best I can offer without being in front of the instrument. For replacing circuit boards and anything internal to the instrument I always recommend Agilent Trained Service personnel as electronics parts are not easily returned once opened. There are also matters of instrument and user safety , firmware, adjustments etc to be considered. The instruments are not meant to be user serviceable under the covers.

Regards

James

Children
Was this helpful?