LAN adapter part number

Hello everyone,

I have a LAN issue on a GC 6890N/1530N (GC keeps going offline randomly and ping works randomly). I suspect it is from the LAN adaptater after changing ethernet cable and checking power saving features as described here.

I have an old GC, same model that has the same LAN adapter part number G1530-61910 (see attached picture).

However on Agilent website, the replacement kit part number is G1530-62010 as found here.

Is it the same ? Why is the part number different ?

Thanks in advance !

Parents Reply Children
  • If we can assume that all networking is ok. Please review below even though you confirmed.

PC 10.1.1.100 , GC 10.1.1.101, MSD 10.1.1.102  , Subnet mask for all three 255.255.255.0

There should be no gateway entry configured on the GC,MSD or PC, for a simple set up with just a PC and switch. 

You could try a crossover cable direct from PC to the GC and test that way (GC only Configuration) . If you are still having the same issue, I would be looking at replacing the mainboard in the GC. See disclaimer below.

The advice I give here is the best I can offer without being in front of the instrument. For replacing circuit boards and anything internal to the instrument I always recommend Agilent Trained Service personnel as electronics parts are not easily returned once opened. There are also matters of instrument and user safety , firmware, adjustments etc to be considered. The instruments are not meant to be user serviceable under the covers.

Regards

James

• IP configuration is fine.

I'll try to find a crossover cable to directly connect PC and GC and keep you posted.

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Regards

• Hi James,

Are these time delay of response normal for a GC ? Because for the MS I have systematically <1ms...

Thanks for your help

Regards

Was this helpful?