ICP-MS 7700, error code 1101:vacuum (BK)time out, Vacuum too high to start turbo pump.

can I fix by my self or need to wait engineer. Anyone can tell how to fix? Thank you.

Parents
  • Hello,

upon start vacuum sequence.  You should hear a clik.  This is for BK.  Monitor IF/BK meter at that point.  it has to go lower than 20 Pa.  Then you should hear a second click.  This time another valve open.  It should rise above 20 Pa.  Then after everything has stabilize it should lower again below 20 Pa.  Then turbo should start.  If anything on the sequence failed, this mean problem with instrument.  I suggest you place a call for phone support to get help to where the problem is located and have the instrument service. 

Also, there is inlet on the roughing pump E2M18.  It could be full of gum or oil gum and prevent vacuum to be pump normally.  the screen to be replace occasionally.  This might need to be check.  

Cordially

• Hello,

upon start vacuum sequence.  You should hear a clik.  This is for BK.  Monitor IF/BK meter at that point.  it has to go lower than 20 Pa.  Then you should hear a second click.  This time another valve open.  It should rise above 20 Pa.  Then after everything has stabilize it should lower again below 20 Pa.  Then turbo should start.  If anything on the sequence failed, this mean problem with instrument.  I suggest you place a call for phone support to get help to where the problem is located and have the instrument service. 

Also, there is inlet on the roughing pump E2M18.  It could be full of gum or oil gum and prevent vacuum to be pump normally.  the screen to be replace occasionally.  This might need to be check.  

Cordially

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?