8900 error 1134 gate valve not opening.

I am using the 8900 ICP-MS. I am getting error 1134, gate valve not opening. The argon pressure is within range. I even vented the system and manually tried to open the gate valve from the maintenance menu and that did not work either. The error says it could be the connectors, solenoid or the gate valve itself. The connectors seem to be ok. Has anyone changed the gate valve, is it relatively easy to do?

Parents
  • Helli  

To check if gate valve opens manually or not, ICPMS has to go to shutdown. When system reaches this mode, please open the vent valve to remove the vacuum completely.

After that, go to Sample Introduction icon --> right click and select Maintenance. In Maintenance tab, enable "Ar Gas Valve", after this, open the large cover and press this bottom :

If in this way gate valve open, the gate valve is Ok, so the problem could be related Connection Board o 5 valve solenoid. 

The replacement for Gate Valve, connection board or 5 valve solenoid has to be done by Field Service Engineer.

Thanks

Regards

• Helli  

To check if gate valve opens manually or not, ICPMS has to go to shutdown. When system reaches this mode, please open the vent valve to remove the vacuum completely.

After that, go to Sample Introduction icon --> right click and select Maintenance. In Maintenance tab, enable "Ar Gas Valve", after this, open the large cover and press this bottom :

If in this way gate valve open, the gate valve is Ok, so the problem could be related Connection Board o 5 valve solenoid. 

The replacement for Gate Valve, connection board or 5 valve solenoid has to be done by Field Service Engineer.

Thanks

Regards

Children
Was this helpful?