MPAES WAVELENGTH CALIBRATION

Thank you sir for the best answers.

I have another question to ask.

My new MPAES 4210 is just a year old. My plan is to Analyse metals for Lube Oil Condition Monitoring for mine fleets.

However, I find bit difficult to get the correct calibration. I used two-point calibration standards as 0ug/g, 100ug/g and 900ug/g (for Additives). MPAES software error message signal me as;

1. QC setup failed.

2. QC calibration validation failed

Hence, seeking any advice to get the MPAES calibration set up for Organic Lube Oils.

Thank you for your kind assistance

Tabubil

Parents

• Hi Tina,

Much appreciated for this insight!

I will definitely try this out and let you know the outcome.

I have been using 3 points calibration standards;
    1) Blank cal - 0ug/g
    2) 100ug/g
    3) 900ug/g basically to setup calibration for high additives (Calcium, Zinc and phosphorus), around 3000ug/g to 5000ug/g concentration.
    I use yttrium diluent (10ug/g in kerosene) throughout in samples and standards.

I was trying to set up a calibration that will cater for analyzing wear, additives and contaminant metals together in one calibration from the template. But it doesn't work as it says "QC error". 50ug/g CCV is giving not accurate and giving false readings. 

Regards
    Luke 

• You may have to dilute your samples (by weight) more than 1:10. For example, if you need a 1:100 dilution, you would take 0.1 grams of sample, 0.9 grams of base oil, and make up to 10 grams with kerosene. You want to keep a consistent ratio of oil:solvent to be 1:10. 

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?