Plasma channel has failed . Flow is outside tolerance . Target 3500mlPM, Actual 2954mLPM ICP OES 5100

Hello all, 
I wish if I can find someone help me in this problem in ICP OES 5100
When I have been trying to ignite plasma It's happening one from two actions

1 - Plasma it ignite some moments and after that it turn off and software gives this message

Or  

2 – When I clicked plasma on system is trying to ignite plasma without result and software gives this message

Notice :

I noticed in ignite period about gas Flows (The plasma flow and nebuliser flow and makeup flow) it took true values and after that go down to 0 and plasma turn off.

Message error : Plasma channel has failed . Flow is outside tolerance . Target 3500mlPM, Actual 2954mLPM 

Or 

Plasma channel has failed . Flow is outside tolerance . Target 12000mLPM, Actual 12132mLPM 

Parents
  • Hi Bett,

is this Problem new?

Most of the time, the Argon Pressure Regulator at the Wall is the problem. The instrument massflow controller is not able to set a stable flow, when the input pressure varies a bit.

You can try to lower the input pressure of argon to the minimum. Go to the "Gas Module" and turn on "purge all gases". Then lower the argon pressure at the regulator, to the minimum accepted value.

Best of luck 

Chris

• Hello Chris 

Thank you so much for your answer ... i was think the problem coming from regulator , and  we use pressure regulator it have in max regulation 6 bar 

we need to change it with regulator gas it have in max regulation more the (7bar)
    like regulator the 10 bar or 15 bar ?

Great thanks Chris

Reply Children
Was this helpful?