Full spectrum on startup

Hi all

I have run a full spectrum on startup to check for contaminations. I was surprised with the high counts measured for most elements. 

Does that look right? Am I missing something? The first line is the full spectrum and below is the calibration run after it. 

Parents
  • It is definitely not the cleanest solution, but nevertheless what is the reason you did a full scan?

If you are searching for contamination, the better way is to create a new batch, and add all masses. This could easily be done, by switching from the periodic table, to the mass scale. Click and hold the left mouse button, and add all masses. Some of them are prohibited (e.g. 40) and will not be selected.

Define a integration time of 0.5 - 1s and run the batch. Now you have data, which has a definite setting and therefore could be compared better to other systems.

Hope this helps a bit.

Goof Luck 

Chris

• It is definitely not the cleanest solution, but nevertheless what is the reason you did a full scan?

If you are searching for contamination, the better way is to create a new batch, and add all masses. This could easily be done, by switching from the periodic table, to the mass scale. Click and hold the left mouse button, and add all masses. Some of them are prohibited (e.g. 40) and will not be selected.

Define a integration time of 0.5 - 1s and run the batch. Now you have data, which has a definite setting and therefore could be compared better to other systems.

Hope this helps a bit.

Goof Luck 

Chris

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?