This Information Applies To: All Agilent Pumps.
Contaminated solvents or algae growth in your solvent bottle will reduce the lifetime of the solvent filter and will influence the performance of the pump module. This is especially true for aqueous solvents or phosphate buffers (pH 4 to 7). The following suggestions will prolong lifetime of the solvent filter and will maintain the performance of the module.
• Use a sterile, if possible amber, solvent bottle to slow down algae growth.
• Filter solvents through filters or membranes that remove algae.
• Exchange solvents every two days or refilter.
• If the application permits add 0.0001 – 0.001 M sodium azide to the solvent.
• Place a layer of argon on top of your solvent.
• Avoid exposure of the solvent bottle to direct sunlight.
Learn how to effectively troubleshoot your Agilent pump:
Agilent InfinityLab LC Series 1260 Infinity II Isocratic and Quaternary Pumps user manual on Agilent.com