This Information Applies To: Agilent G3292A and G8481A Chillers used on ICP-MS and ICP-OES instruments
When experiencing issues with your Agilent chiller, please try a factory reset first, as shown in the following steps and in Figure 1.
1. Place the main power switch on the rear of the instrument in the off position.
2. Press and hold the soft power button on the front panel while returning the main power switch to the on position (O).
After performing a factory reset, you will need to set the chiller temperature to 20 °C:
1. Press the Select/Set knob on the front panel (right above the soft power button).
2. The decimal point at the bottom right of the display will flash, indicating that the temperature can be changed.
3. Rotate the Select/Set knob until the desired setpoint temperature (20 °C) is displayed.
4. The setting is accepted after the Select/Set knob is pressed a second time or automatically after a few seconds of inactivity.
If the factory reset doesn't help, and you are getting a "Lo H2O" error on the front display of the chiller, please check the fuses after ensuring that the chiller is full of coolant:
Warning: Always unplug the chiller before removing any covers.
1. Unplug the chiller.
3. Then remove the two screws at the top of the front of the chiller, as shown in Figure 4.
4. Once you have access to the main board, identify the two fuses, as shown in Figure 5.
5. Remove and check the continuity of the two fuses with a multi-meter.
6. If new fuses are needed, they can be obtained at any home improvement store.
7. Replace the bad fuses, and reassemble the screws and the top cover.
8. Turn on the main power to the chiller.
Learn how to effectively troubleshoot your ICP-OES instrument:
ICPOES-5110-1270e - Agilent 5110 ICP-OES Maintenance and Troubleshooting e-learning course available from Agilent education