Thank you for taking a moment to review the Community Guidelines. You agree to all of the guidelines posted and linked here when using the Agilent Community. These guidelines are here to help you be a valuable contributor to the community and make sure the community is a positive resource for all members. These are also posted here: Community Guidelines and Expectations (needs new link)
By utilizing this site, you also agree to our full legal Terms and Conditions, which can be found here: Community Terms and Conditions( needs new link)
Think of the Agilent Community like a scientific conference or other professional gathering. Please act professionally, engage in informal but professional conversations like you would at a talk, poster session, or in the hall at a scientific meeting. You must use your real name and affiliation to identify yourself, just like you would have on a conference name badge. While participants strive to be useful, conversations held here are NOT formal channels of support and are not guaranteed by Agilent in any way. Please regard Agilent like a conference host (such as ASMS, the American Chemical Society, or Pittcon), which is not responsible for discussions in the meeting hall.
- Participation Guidelines
Keep it clean, keep it professional. Always interact with other users respectfully, as you would in any professional setting. We will remove or edit any post or reply that includes derogatory, abusive, offensive, obscene, violent or inappropriate content.
- Be careful. Agilent is not responsible for recommendations or materials provided on this site (unless explicitly specified, like with equipment manuals). Portions of this site include user-generated content and advice. You'll find an abundance of helpful content here, but be aware that your situation, configuration, or implementation will be different from others'. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Stay on topic. The discussion forums here focus on scientific, application-oriented, and technical topics related to Agilent products and services. When creating a post or reply, please ensure it is relevant to the question, discussion, article, forum, etc. This ensures the site will be most useful for everyone. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic, it may be removed, moved, or branched to a new line of discussion by the moderators.
- Realize you may be misinterpreted. Quickly-written text is often ambiguous and may appear ruder than the same words spoken to a person standing in front of you. Without facial expressions, vocal inflection, or body language, text is a flimsy medium. Be careful of the words you choose - what you intended might not be what others perceive, and what you read might not be what the author intended.
- Help the global audience. Many people in this community are not native English speakers. If you use culture-specific references, sarcasm, slang, simile, metaphor, or emotionally-charged language, you may easily be misunderstood.
- Be honest. Be sincere in your community participation. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful, and could even be damaging.
- Share your knowledge, but know your limits. If you know the answer to someone's question, please answer. If you don't know it completely, please state what you know and what you don't know about the question. If you don't know enough to make a contribution yourself, you can help best by asking someone more knowledgeable to contribute an answer themselves.
- Debate is welcome if it is civil. Open discussions, including differences of opinion, are vital for a healthy community, but it is essential that conversations be conducted in a mature and civil way. Please help ensure every post makes a positive contribution to the community. The community moderators will monitor conversations for incivility and resolve problematic situations, perhaps by deactivating registrants, if necessary.
- Ensure your contributions are readable. Please avoid writing in ALL CAPS and using excessive #hashtags, symbols, and special characters. These can make your contribution difficult to read and may also be confusing to users who are unfamiliar with their meanings. Videos are welcome, but perpetually moving images such as animated GIF loops are distracting, and they will be removed by the community administrators.
- Use Agilent official support channels when appropriate. The community is first and foremost a peer-based community and not a direct support channel.
- Submit only your own, original content. The community must not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted materials, including images, articles, data libraries, and software. Help us maintain the community's reputation and respect the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else properly attributed. See the full Terms and Conditions document for further details.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not share other people's contact information without their explicit permission. It's up to you, and only you, to decide whether or not to share personal information about yourself or your business.
- Help look after your community. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by these guidelines, please click the Report Abuse link to report it to our moderators.
- The community is here for the benefit and enjoyment of members like you, and we appreciate your help maintaining high standards that benefit everyone.
Messages may be edited, deleted, or moved to more applicable discussion areas.
Discussions that appear to head off-topic may be branched as new line of inquiry.
Community Members may be banned or removed from the community at the discretion of Agilent.
While Agilent does not censor members' thoughts, a post that is deemed not acceptable may be edited or removed without notice.
Any content presented in the community must not be redistributed without permission from Agilent.