OpenLab Chemstation C.01.10 Dual FID Report

I am using OpenLab Chemstation C.01.10 on an 8890 with dual FIDs. I was trained on HP's version of Chemstation that reported both detector quant amounts in one row for precision purposes. It made it 10x easier to review data and confirm sample concentrations for my HAA5 analysis with both signals on the same row. I have been fiddling with the report designer, but I cannot seem to figure it out. Is it possible for the software to report in the manner described?

Parents
  • Hello,

Are you looking for a single injection report or is this for a summary report? When you setup the calibration table are you doing main peak and qualifiers or are the compounds calibrated separately in the 2 signals. How many compounds are in your calibration table? 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

Is this the type of table you are looking for?

Marty Adams

• Nick,

Okay that is strange did you reprocess the result set after making the changes to the method? IR reports work with the ACAML file that is created during reprocessing. If you have direct access to the data, you can check for the presence of the sequence.acaml. 

Marty Adams

• Marty,

I had not done that. I had been using the recalculate mode when looking at data. I have done that in the past so I could use a unique quantitation method, which may or may not be the issue. However upon reprocessing, the file was created, but the report is still lacking compound names, RTs, etc. 

Nick 

• Hello,

You still cannot create any IR report even the short_area report? Do you get any kind of message about there being no ACAML file for some of the injections when creating a report in the review mode? Can you check the method and make sure you have standard data processing enabled? You are using the reprocessing workflow not batch analysis, correct? 

Marty Adams

• Marty,

Standard Data Analysis is checked. I feel like I'm missing something simple at this point. ACAML files are being created when I reprocess the data. I am able to use other templates, and the data pulls into that. The compound names and corresponding info are not being pulled into the tables I made using your demo where I added two and hid the top table. I have tried the data analysis in the reprocess and recalculate modes. I hope that addresses your question properly. In the report, my chromatograms are labeled with the peak names, furthering my confusion. 

Nick 

• Nick,

I am not sure what you mean by the chromatograms are labeled with your peak names. Do you mean the chromatograms show the labeled peaks, so you know they are identified correctly? My guess would be the filters you setup are not correct. My video was just an example, you needed to setup the filters based on the signal names in your results. If you followed my example and made the correct updates, you would have setup 2 report parameters with strings like FID1A and FID1B and then setup filters on the tables with signal_name = reportparameter name. You can try removing the filters on the tables to see if the compounds show up in the tables with no filters. If so then the filters are wrong. You need the exact signal name in the filter. See below for an example in Chemstation. I hardcoded the filters in the example and did not use the report parameter. 

Marty

\

• Marty,

I need to apologize and thank you at the same time for your patience. I saw your screen grab in your previous response and realized what was the issue. I went back to your video and realized my mistake, too. It appears that the detectors are labeled as FID1 A (with a space), so that is what I put in the Report Properties section very early on. I simply took away that space, renamed it to FID1A, and, boom, it worked. 

Nick 

• Marty,

I need to apologize and thank you at the same time for your patience. I saw your screen grab in your previous response and realized what was the issue. I went back to your video and realized my mistake, too. It appears that the detectors are labeled as FID1 A (with a space), so that is what I put in the Report Properties section very early on. I simply took away that space, renamed it to FID1A, and, boom, it worked. 

Nick 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?