OpenLab Chemstation C.01.10 Dual FID Report

I am using OpenLab Chemstation C.01.10 on an 8890 with dual FIDs. I was trained on HP's version of Chemstation that reported both detector quant amounts in one row for precision purposes. It made it 10x easier to review data and confirm sample concentrations for my HAA5 analysis with both signals on the same row. I have been fiddling with the report designer, but I cannot seem to figure it out. Is it possible for the software to report in the manner described?

• Hello,

Are you looking for a single injection report or is this for a summary report? When you setup the calibration table are you doing main peak and qualifiers or are the compounds calibrated separately in the 2 signals. How many compounds are in your calibration table? 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

Is this the type of table you are looking for?

Marty Adams

• Hello,

It is a single injection report. The compounds are calibrated separately on each signal. I have 18 compounds per signal (2 are ISTDs).  I am essentially looking for something like the attached picture, if possible. 

• Hello,

That looks more like MSD Chemstation than OpenLab Chemstation or the previous equivalent so that is likely the difference in the reporting. You would need to create a hidden table at the top for the second signal. in the table, you could then store the RT, Area, and Conc in a variable keyed on compound_name. Those variables could then be displayed in a visible table below filtered for signal A so you could have 2 values per line. 

Marty 

• Hello,

See the attached screen capture video for an example of the request report modifications. Please note that when I talk about and name the variables peak B I am referring to the compounds in the B signal channel. Also, the example was done in CDS 2.x IR but the same process can be used in Chemstation IR. 

Marty

/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/26/2024_2D00_01_2D00_18_5F00_15_2D00_41_2D00_13.mp4

• Marty,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide the video and thorough instructions. I was able to follow along with no issue and essentially match what you had done throughout. The one difference was I used the Short ISTD as a template. I'm not sure if that will make a difference in my follow up question. I am applying the modified report to my quantitation method, but I am getting different reports in the Data Analysis tab and the Review tab. I've attached a copy of both. The Review tab report looks exactly how I want it, but for some reason is not pulling data over. The Data Analysis report is, well, a mess. It isn't hiding tables at all. I typically review data in the Data Analysis tab and generate a report by using the Classic Quantitation option. I changed my report to Intelligent Report and selected the file, as well. Do you have any suggestions to remedy this?

Was this helpful?