Openlab 2.4 Installation Error

Hi

I'm having an important issue with Openlab CDS 2.4 File based Workstation.

Installing v2.3 goes without any error, and I can completely connect and control a GC 6890N.

When updating to 2.4, I get a Install error on the GC/MS line

Running the Software Verification tool give me no error. Every thing says "OK" (logs will be included in this thread)

And then, on version 2.4, I can connect to my GC 6890N, see the online signal, import a method from the GC, but I'm totally UNABLE TO SEND A METHOD to the GC. 

This update to v2.4 make my GC unusable.

I tried to repair the installation with no success. Deleting v2.3 and installing 2.4 without going from 2.3 gives the same error. I also tried to install on a different HDD drive, but still same error.

I don't know what to do. Why is 2.3 ok and 2.4 fails ?

I'm including the GC/MS error log if you can see what goes wrong.

Thanks for your help.

-Francois

attachments.zip
  • What revision of OpenLab CDS EZChrom are you using? I believe that N.06.07 is supported in all of the releases, but I can double check your specific revision.

For the firmware update, you would need to install the GC Firmware Update Tool. This is available on Disk 1 of the GC and GC/MS User Manuals and Tools disks. If you do not have a copy of the GC and GC/MS User Manuals and Tools then you can contact your local Agilent support (https://www.agilent.com/en-us/contact-us/page) and request a copy. They should be able to send you a download link to the Disk 1 .iso file as well. Support can also walk you through the FW update process if you are uncomfortable performing it yourself. 

• Hi again ryoboyle

So I got the GC firmware update tool from my rep

but then, when I go and chose the 06.07 firmware version and click "Accept and Install", the software throws me a exception error saying "Input string was not in correct format" and update doesn't work.

Clicking Continue just does nothing.

I need more help I guess!

Thanks, honestly.

Francois.

• Quick Update, do not run the GC firmware update tool on a French version of Windows !

Fingers crossed, the GC firmware update is on its way !

• Hi again  I wanted to give a feedback on this thread.

I was able to update our GC firmware, but the GC still doesn't execute the downloaded method.

Activity log doesn't tell me anything special when downloading the method to the GC

I still get the GC/MS drivers install error though on v2.4

Next thing would be to try to install the GC/MS driver from the .iso I downloaded, but since I'M on Win7, it's tricky now for me to burn it...

Anyhow, an Agilent rep should be on site today to help me. 

I'll let you know how this goes !

Thanks a lot for all your help. Much appreciated.

-Francois.

• So... Martin Brunet has just left our facilities.

- GC firmware is at N.06.07 

- We got one step further with the installation of version 2.4. We were able to install v2.4 without the GCMS Driver error by switching Windows Region and Language from French to English.

- BUT, we have the same issue --> the GC doesn't execute a downloaded method.

- We tried with all firewall off but it didn't help.

- Software verification tool all PASS

- Martin has left without being able to fix our issue unfortunately.

This takes me to our wonderful world of the only french speaking province in North America ! We have a law in Quebec province where French has to be the main language spoken and used at work. This also implies that we are somewhat forced to use a French version of Windows. I know that Agilent actively recommends an English Windows version.

My ultimate try will be to ask our IT group to wipe our windows installation and to give me an English version of windows, and I'll start over from there.

Other than this, between me and Martin, we have no more idea.

Best regards, 

Francois.

• Hi Francois,

Let me see if there is anything else that can be done to fix this issue.

Rejean

Was this helpful?