license openlab file in XP

Hi  community

We have 6890N in our lab using chemstation with old pc XP software. I try to find license file but I couldn't find it.  

Where can I find the license openlab file in XP software.?

any help

Regards,

Dheya

Parents Reply Children
  • It is great you have such a nice experience with your results, however results accuracy is a matter of hardware robustness and method setting, not software. I your insist on this, I can recommend you to do the following steps:

1- get the licence number of GC instrument from Start/Program/ HP Chemstation/ Add License and write it on a piece of papare

2- copy the folders containing your Data, Methods and sequences to a remote drive like USB. Most probably you can find these folders in C/HPCHEM/1. If your data or methods or sequences stored in other places, you should find them and make a copy of.

3- get a new PC with higher hardware configuration and install win XP SP3 and Chemstation A.10.02 software on it. I attached two manuals for you here.

4- use written license number and copied data and method and sequence files in corresponding folders in your new system and enjoy !

Please do not forget to keep your old PC until you assure the new PC work properly

Was this helpful?