license openlab file in XP

Hi  community

We have 6890N in our lab using chemstation with old pc XP software. I try to find license file but I couldn't find it.  

Where can I find the license openlab file in XP software.?

any help

Regards,

Dheya

Parents
  • Hi 

You apparently are using Chemstation, NOT OpenLab Chemstation because OpenLab family can not be installed on Win XP.

You just need licence code which can be found in start menu via this path: All Program/ Agilent Chemstation/Add Lisence

in the opening window you can find the license code for GC. You can write it down and use it again in the case of re installing Chemstation. But regarding OpenLab Chemstation, you need to purchase it and register through Agilent Subscriber Net , as ishtiayg said.

• Hi H.Ahmadpour

I made a mistake old chemstation works with Windows XP and we have other five GC6890N works with Open Lab chemstation works with Windows 7

but the PC Windows XP  with old chemstation  very old and have many problems so can we install old chemstation on new PC works with Windows 7 ?

Regards,

Dheya

Reply Children
  • What revision is your older ChemStation? You should be able to determine this by going to Help>About. 

• Hi

Unfortunately your version of Chemstation (A.10.02) can not installed on Win 7. The only Chemstation software that can be installed on Win 7, is B.04.03 and after this version,  OpenLab software was introduced. 

It is unclear to me why you insist on Chemstation A.10.02 installation? Do you have any specific hardware with GPIB port or waht? 

• Hi H.Ahmadpour

Thanks for you reply

In fact, Chemstation A.10.02 gives accurate results and without any problems for long time, and  because covid 19 the expert need long time to come for our lab to check and  update all GC

• It is great you have such a nice experience with your results, however results accuracy is a matter of hardware robustness and method setting, not software. I your insist on this, I can recommend you to do the following steps:

1- get the licence number of GC instrument from Start/Program/ HP Chemstation/ Add License and write it on a piece of papare

2- copy the folders containing your Data, Methods and sequences to a remote drive like USB. Most probably you can find these folders in C/HPCHEM/1. If your data or methods or sequences stored in other places, you should find them and make a copy of.

3- get a new PC with higher hardware configuration and install win XP SP3 and Chemstation A.10.02 software on it. I attached two manuals for you here.

4- use written license number and copied data and method and sequence files in corresponding folders in your new system and enjoy !

Please do not forget to keep your old PC until you assure the new PC work properly

Was this helpful?