Printed Report is Incomplete

I have a Question. When I try to generate a report the Preview looks ok.

But the Print doesn't show any Signal at all.

I only changed the scale.

What did I do wrong ?

Thank you

• it Supposed to look like this

It look like this

I tried to print it as PDF. In the PDF Viewer it look like this.

When I print it out it look like this.

to be honest I feel like I work with Windows ME ...

• Hi mr. white. I followed your troubleshooting a bit in your two posts here. I have a question: in your last posted attempt, did you print from the PDF? If yes, the it sounds like the printer driver or firmware is to blame, unfortunately. I'd hate to ask you to print it to another printer, but if reinstalling the (correct) driver doesn't fix the problem, can you try to take the PDF to a completely different printer and try printing it out there? Depending on which revision of ChemStation you're using, there should be a printer driver there for the type of HP printer that's been tested with that revision on one of the installation discs. Usually, the driver will be a PCL 5e or PCL 6 universal HP driver.

• Also, please make sure that a default printer is configured in Windows. If no default printer is configured, the following problems may occur:

- Printing of a report preview will fail.
       - the 'Copy To Clipboard' menu will have an error
       - the 'Custom Report View' will have problems with new templates

• Hello Valentin,

the strange thing is that it work when I put the scale from 0 to 18 everything below I get the chromatogram above.

So the printer works. I tried it on a second printer too.

And I tried both options to print a pdf. Out of the software, and print then select "pdf Creator" .

I setup the default printer long ago.

The printer we use is a hp too.

But as u mentioned earlier I will reinstall it again.

We already printed many chromatograms and data already.

We use a self created template. But we found out that the problem even occur when we use a agilent template when we change the x axis ( signal axis )

Thank you

• ok I found the solution for the PDF File.

in Printer settings you just have to mark " Print as Image "

then it work.

But we still want to print out of the OpenLabs.

So now we can say for sure that its a problem with the " OpenLabs" software.

Thank you

• Hello,

I want to clarify something to make sure I am understanding the problem correctly. If you were to load a data file in the Data Analysis view, then go to Report>Print Report, your reports come out looking like the printouts you captured in your original post and first reply?

Does this only occur when printing to the printer, or does it also happen when printing to .pdf, .docx, or .xlsx files?

Was this helpful?