ReportBuilder Assembly version: 12.0.893.0 - keep crashing when editing template

I'm new to ReportBuilder and I recently found a very helpful familiarization guide.  I'm going thru the examples to learn the intricacies of the reports and how to edit them.  I keep getting errors of "ReportBuilder has encountered a problem and need to close".  I've gotten several versions of this error.  I've tried loading a template in Quantitative Analysis 12.0 but the "edit" button is never available.

I currently have purchased two copies of Masshunter analysis software so that I can analyze software in my office, and it's also loaded on the instrument (6495C) computer along with the Acquisition software. I have 12.0 for that as well.

Is this a known issue?  Do I just need to remove and reinstall the software?

I also get "QuantAnalysisWPF has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Thank you!  I will give that a shot then.  Much appreciate your help!

• HI Howard - I have another question for you about editing report templates.  I would like to just add our logo to the top of one of the templates provided by Agilent.  When I click on the button to edit the template, add the template to the list, the program does not give me the option to edit the template.  I do get the option to edit a template if I build it from scratch using Report Builder.  I'm trying to get to this one in particular to edit.

Are the templates offered by Agilent not able to be edited?  When I go directly to this file instead of using a program and just click on the file, it opens in Microsoft Edge and just gives code.

• Hello  ,

Report Builder templates are located in the PDF-ReportBuilder folder and have the full extension .template.xml.

Files with the .report.xml extension are by default located in the PDF-Reporting folder and are Python based templates that must be manually edited as .xml and Python code files. Information on changing these templates is available in the Software Development Kit (SDK). You can search on the Community for more information on loading and using this, though it requires knowledge of programming in Python.

If you just want to change and use one logo for all reports in this folder then you can replace the existing logo.tif file found in the same folder as the template with one of your choosing, keeping the name logo.tif.

If you need different logos for different reports in this folder, you would need to edit the Python code in the associated code file and make new .report.xml templates to refer to the modified code. 

• Hi Howard,

Thanks for all this info. I do have someone that can help me with Python.  I may also just move the .tif file as you recommended.

Was this helpful?