Report Builder assistance

Hello! I am trying to create a report using Report Builder 10.2. What I'd like is a report that shows Data Files as a column on the left and the remaining columns show a ISTD response for each ISTD in a that sample. I've been starting with the templates (Gen_Complete_ISTD.template and Gen_Samples_ISTD.template) and tried to edit them, but the templates make separate tables for each ISTD bound to a compound. I would like a single table will all ISTD responses. I've reviewed the familiarization guide, and though I can follow it and make simple changes, I think the change in table type that I want is slightly different and outside the scope of the familiarization guide. It may have to do with how the data value are bound to the columns, but I can't quite figure it out. 

Does anyone know of additional sources of documentation for Report Builder so I can figure this out? Or, is anyone aware of template that is closer to the type I'm looking for (so that I could edit that template instead)? I've looked in the template files and I haven't found one yet that might be a good starting point.

Thank you!

• Hi howard_sanford, my apologies for a slow response, but thank you very much for the help and advice. I was able to get the filter for Cal and CC to work, and I appreciate the discussion of my larger problem. I think I'm probably several (many) steps away being able to work in Python at this point, but it may come to that, so I'll keep this in mind going forward.

Was this helpful?