Excel add-in locations

Hello all,

I often come to instruments that are set-up by the service engineers just before I get to them.  In order for our reporting methods to work we need to know the location of  the Excel Add-ins.  In previous versions of MassHunter we were able to find them in a regular place. They would all be in the location given below:

but in MH12 the Quant files seem to be in a different location. 

This is what we have found:

This is what we are looking for:

Is anyone aware of where we can find this?

Thank you for any help you can provide us!

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello  ,

Quant 12.x still puts the Excel addins in the same location, though I do not believe they are enabled by default during installation. The first thing to do would be to go into Windows Apps settings, choose Quant, and then select to Modify/Change the installation. You will then be presented with the option to load the templates and addins. If these were already selected, you can try to run the Repair Quantitative Analysis Reporting tool found in the Windows Start menu under Agilent MassHunter Quantitative->Quantitative Analysis Tools. 

If that doesn't work then you may need to try manually loading them. Further instructions, screenshots, and a link for the addins can be found in this discussion.

Excel addins not found by quant 

• Hello Howard,

Thank you so much for your input!  This helped on one of our workstations but not on another one.  I tried running the repair for quantitative analysis softwares, but that hasn't helped.  When I go back into the quant analysis installer it continues to say "Repair" under 'Action'.  Is there anything else I can do for this one?

This system is one that I installed MH12.1 (it started with MH 12.0), and am noticing here and in the Windows App Settings, Quant is still showing as 12.0, where it shows as 12.1 in the system that your suggestion worked for. 

Thank you again for your help!

• Hello  ,

Both 12.0 and 12.1 use the same addins in the same location. 

The screenshot above shows a 12.0 system. The installed version for 12.1 would be 12.1.938.3. If you want to verify that the addins were originally loaded you need to choose Change on the first maintenance screen.

If this and/or the repair utility does not allow for Excel reporting then you can manually load the addins from your working system using the instructions in the previous linked post. 

• Thank you for your help, Howard!  Your answers and the previous discussion helped a lot!

Was this helpful?