Reporting Template for Mass Hunter after moving to a different computer.

Recently, our computer died, and I had to use an older computer for my data acquisition and analysis.  I had been using a reporting template under the "Quant\PDF-Reporting\Gen_LimsIntegration.report.xml".  I had been using this template for the last few years.  It produces the *.xml files without any problems.  Under my replacement computer the reports come out as *.csv files.  The templates I chose is the *.xml.  Is there something I am missing?

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello dmew,

In the latest MassHunter Quant 12 there are two LIMs export xml report templates.  Can you check to see if GenLIMs_xmlOutput.report.xml was the one you were using?

D:\MassHunter\Report Templates\Quant\PDF-Reporting

- Bill

• Hi, the MS Quant version we are using is B.09.00.  I went and edited my report method and selected the other template as you suggested, and it produced the *.xml files in the output.  The one thing that puzzles me is the only thing that change was the physical computer.  The Windows 10 computer died, and I replaced it with an old Windows 7 computer.  The MS Quant software is the same version in both cases.  Does the Win10 machine already have the correct Python script and the Win7 machine does not?  The Win10 machine produced the *.xml files when I selected this template as first mention "Quant\PDF-Reporting\Gen_LimsIntegration.report.xml".  Is there a Python script for Window7 that I can use in the meantime until the replacement computer arrive?

• Installed on Windows 7 or Windows 10, MH Quant B.09.00 would create the exact same report templates.  The report template .xml files evoke python scripts located in the Codes folder.  The installed Codes folder is the same for both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I can't speculate on why you are seeing a difference.  The GenLIMs_xmlOutput.report.xml template was created specifically because the Gen_LimsIntegration.report.xml template produces .csv files.

- Bill

• Bill, that is good to know.  That is still strange to me that we were getting *.xml files all these years even though we were using the Gen_LIMsIntegration.report.xml template.  Thanks, Daniel

Was this helpful?