Unknowns Analysis - is it possible to see what Blank was subtracted?

Can anyone give more info on how the software chooses the blank to subtract when 'Perform Blank Subtraction' is checked? 

It would be good to see what file was used as the subtracted blank when processing lot of files, with blanks run between them. I don't see any columns able to show the blank file name?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hello  ,

From what I have been able to find there is not a way to see which blank was used for blank subtraction in UA. In testing with the data that I have available, if multiple blanks are run only the last blank that is processed is used to set the cut-off limit for the blank subtraction of all samples. In UA blank subtraction is more of a filtering option as no signal subtraction is performed. The blank subtraction settings only determines whether or not the component will be reported as being found.

• Hello  ,

From what I have been able to find there is not a way to see which blank was used for blank subtraction in UA. In testing with the data that I have available, if multiple blanks are run only the last blank that is processed is used to set the cut-off limit for the blank subtraction of all samples. In UA blank subtraction is more of a filtering option as no signal subtraction is performed. The blank subtraction settings only determines whether or not the component will be reported as being found.

Children
Was this helpful?