Report Method Not Being Used When Automatic Reporting Results in Sequence

We are set up to analyze and print a report after each sample in our sequence. In preparing for this, we modified one of the included Excel templates and used MassHunter Quant to create a report method. When printed manually from Quant, the report shows everything as expected. However, when using automatic analysis and reporting in our sequence, the report doesn't contain the formatting we set in the report file (peak labels on the chromatogram). Also, the graphics files we set to be deleted after report generation are not being deleted. It appears that the report file we made is not being used. Our Excel template that we used for our report file and that we set in the sequence is definitely being used. I guess my question is how does automatic analysis/reporting know which report file to use? The report file does not seem to be referenced in the data analysis method (I searched the xml file for the report file name and it wasn't there), so not sure how this works?

Thanks!

-David

Parents
  • Hi

if you are using Quant automation DA , then the reporting method is shown in the lower box , just select the method of interest 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you are  Using Qualitative automation report , then you just need to select a qualitative method , 

but first open the masshunter Qual and open your method and go to method editor -> method workflow

and select your workflow and reporting template ( you can edit any template ) then save your method with a name eg. Qual DA method

now select your Qual DA method from acquisition 

• Thanks for responding! I should have mentioned that we are using MassHunter Acquisition 10.0 and MH Quant 10.2 for single quad GCMS, so I don't see the dialog box that you provided in our software.

I did note that in our data analysis method xml file, I see two entries - ReportDataVersion="" and ReportDataPathFileName="" - which are both empty. I'm wondering if those should contain information about the report method file?? 

-David

• Thanks for responding! I should have mentioned that we are using MassHunter Acquisition 10.0 and MH Quant 10.2 for single quad GCMS, so I don't see the dialog box that you provided in our software.

I did note that in our data analysis method xml file, I see two entries - ReportDataVersion="" and ReportDataPathFileName="" - which are both empty. I'm wondering if those should contain information about the report method file?? 

-David

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?