SDK for Masshunter and how can I code

Hello,

is there a possibility to coding by SDK extensions for masshunter software?

I want to code a little AddOn/AddIn for Compund at-a-glance in Masshunter.

We have a lot of parameters in our methods. For some paremeters we have exceptions cases.

I would like if an employee meet a certain parameter that a "tool tip" with a text like "attention" is displayed in the right corner of the first pane in the window "Compound at-a-glance" of masshunter.

Is this possible?

• Hello ,

Compounds at a Glance does have properties and methods you can access in the SDK. A quick look through what is available doesn't show a way to do exactly what you are describing, but it may be possible to check for a condition and display a dialog box. If you are running one of the later versions of quant you may be able to use outlier filtering to quickly filter and display exception results for your users. This could either be done from the default UI or from the SDK I believe. 

• Sorry for the late responding.

Is there a way to have a window open in parallel to the compounds-at-a-glance window and have all the information about the current parameter there?

Regards

• Hello  ,

There are two options for doing this in CAG. First, if you right click on any compound in CAG you can choose the option to Navigate to Batch Table... and it will take you to that compound and sample in the batch table.

The other option is found in the Properties... dialog for a compound. If you enable Synchronize Navigation then if you click in CAG it will take you to the entry in the batch table, or if you click in the batch table it will navigate to the compound in CAG.

If you have multiple monitors or an ultrawide monitor this can be very useful for reviewing a batch. 

• Hello,

yes, I know these functions. Does the option "Synchronize Navigation" hide a function that I can use by SDK?

I mean, if I were to create an additional window that holds informations about each parameter in my method and I would choose randomly a parameter (when the "Synchronize Navigation" is actived) in the parameter list in main window, can masshunter tries to navigate automatically to the parameter in my additional window (like in the way in CAG)?

In my additional window, I will use a xml database with the same parameters like in the analyze method.

Kind regards

• Hello  ,

I'm not seeing anything in the scripting guide that addresses this specifically. What you are describing sounds like the browse by outlier option that is available in current revisions on quant. I'm not certain you'd be able to have some link between a warning dialog or display and this, but you may be able to use the warning dialog to direct the user to which outliers to investigate. 

• Hi Howard,

I'm not certain you'd be able to have some link between a warning dialog or display and this, but you may be able to use the warning dialog to direct the user to which outliers to investigate. 

I guess you are meaning the outlier "menu" in "Setup Graphics", right? But I need a linked information to each parameter.

Can I use the option "Costum calculation" there for this? May I can create a "calculation" (without a calculation and use the result event for my warning dialog)

Otherwise I can use column (like User Defined 1) in the table view and put my information there. Then I code my warn dialog and extract the informations from "User Defined 1" into my warn dialog.

Was this helpful?