Masshunter failing to write scan to data file

Parents
  • Hello ,

Prior to acq revision B.08.02 and TQ FW A.00.08.61 this error could occur with methods that had over 200 dMRM transition and had time segments going to waste. For any revisions newer than that there are currently no known issues that can consistently cause this error.

In general I would treat this as a potential issue with disk or file access, instrument communication to the PC, or a corrupted method or worklist, if those are shared across your systems.

Check in the Windows Reliability Monitor to see if there are any issues or activities noted around the same time as your failed worklists. MassHunter performs no data buffering and if there is any delay in writing to the hard drive errors can occur. MassHunter is not designed to work over a network and makes no allowances or checks for issues involving network latency, bandwidth, topology changes, etc. so I would recommend saving to the local disk for troubleshooting.

Make certain the only things connected to the instrument network switch are the LC, the MS, and the PC.

If you are sharing methods or worklists across systems then I would recommend building new ones from the default method and worklist on each system.

• Hello ,

Prior to acq revision B.08.02 and TQ FW A.00.08.61 this error could occur with methods that had over 200 dMRM transition and had time segments going to waste. For any revisions newer than that there are currently no known issues that can consistently cause this error.

In general I would treat this as a potential issue with disk or file access, instrument communication to the PC, or a corrupted method or worklist, if those are shared across your systems.

Check in the Windows Reliability Monitor to see if there are any issues or activities noted around the same time as your failed worklists. MassHunter performs no data buffering and if there is any delay in writing to the hard drive errors can occur. MassHunter is not designed to work over a network and makes no allowances or checks for issues involving network latency, bandwidth, topology changes, etc. so I would recommend saving to the local disk for troubleshooting.

Make certain the only things connected to the instrument network switch are the LC, the MS, and the PC.

If you are sharing methods or worklists across systems then I would recommend building new ones from the default method and worklist on each system.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?