mass hunter

Hi

Wondering what's wrong with my qualifier parameters.. result table shows no data

thanks

Roy

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Roy,

One thing you can try is to delete intermediate files that dictate MH Quant GUI. This is done by deleting folder specified below.

C:\Users\<NT user name>\AppData\Roaming\Agilent_Technologies,_Inc

If this doesn't work you can send batch along with the batch to me [tomi_hamalainen (at) agilent (dot) com] via wetransfer.com or other similar service. I can then run it on my software to confirm that mine behaves the same.

• Thank you Tomi.

Did not find the file you talk about..

I'm sending you the batch (with embedded method) directory zipped.

FYI - I sent the same batch to my local distributer and he said he does not see a problem.

Perhaps an update is required?

I'm running B.06.00 / Build 6.0.388.0

thanks again

roy 

• Hi Roy,

Thanks for the files. I double checked the batch and indeed filter settings were most likely okay. What I found out is that you're missing Outlier value for accuracy in the method.

So you want to input values in specific outliers you want to use inside method editor. Here's graphs to show the effect of my adding Accuracy outlier values of 20 %.

Accuracy cells not highlighted for ones that are outside commonly accepted 80-120 % range.

Located Accuracy outlier in method and input value of 20.

Returned to batch table, run Analyze and now outlier is highlighting Accuracy cells properly.

p.s. There's no way to save manual integrations to method. Though when you perform manual integration it will be kept when you integrate/quantitate/analyze the batch,

• Hi Roy,

My apologies for not focusing on your initial message regarding missing qualifier values. I tested this and I don't see this issue on my MH Quant B.08.00. Something that I did not have is your reference library so I used NIST14.L during my testing. Could you test it by removing reference library from the method or change it? Also my suggestion is to upgrade to the latest MH Quant version.

• thank you.

Is upgrading the version means paying for the software again?

Is it not possible to downlowd an updated version?

Nothing else to try about the qualifiers data? I am using this version for about three month now and never encountered this issue, only recently.. I don't know "what I pressed to make this happen.."

Do you think you will be able to find out more about it if I let you take over the computer via teamviewer (if it's possible for you, of course)?

Funny you mentioned the reference library - I am "stuck" on the method editor with the message error "reference library is required for deconvolution scan" 

I do the following to try and resolve it - method -> setup reference library -> I choose a library from my local disc (W9N08.L) and pick a destination.

The program creates the file alright but still no validation..

• Hi Roy,

If you still have the purple envelope that came with your MassHunter package, inside the blue box, you can activate it in agilent.subscribenet.com. That envelope contains Software Maintenance Agreement and it may still be valid if you didn't activate it when you received the software.

You can try to re-install the software. Easiest way is to put CD in and run repair or do fresh installation.

You can reference W9N08.L directly, without creating individual reference library from it. When I run it without the library I got that same message in method validation and it was fixed by adding reference library path that software can access in Globals Setup. If you have set it up, as I'm sure you have, then try to run software in administration mode by right-click icon on desktop and select Run as Administrator. It may simply be that when software is run natively depending on operating system it may only have user rights and depending on reference library location it can't access it.

Was this helpful?