Using Ammonium Formate in my mobile phase but it is coating my spray chamber and possibly causing suppression. Mitigation strategies?

Hi all! Through much troubleshooting, I have determined that the white powder that is coating the spray chamber of my MS is the ammonium formate that is in my mobile phase. I started developing an amino acid method and the recommended mobile phase was 20mM ammonium formate at pH 3. It is a gradient method so I am using 20mM ammonium formate in water and in ACN. I have tried lowering the concentration of AF to 5mM but I am still seeing the powder, though much less. I am wondering if you all have suggestions for mitigating. Is it possible the temperature is too high and instead of just aspirating it into smaller droplets, it is vaporizing and drying before it can get to the capillary tube? I am also seeing diminished signal of my reference ions so I am concerned this is also causing suppression. Any suggestions would be helpful. I attached a photo so you know what I am dealing with.
Thanks!
Katy
Was this helpful?