Cannot complete quad tune on 6520 QTOF/LC-MS

Hi, I would be grateful for the community's insight on an issue that has been plaguing our 6520 Accurate-Mass QTOF-LC/MS. We are able to successful turn on the instrument, power condition, do mass calibrations, and TOF tunes (all the way from quick tunes to initial tunes). However, upon doing a quad tune, we hit a roadblock.

We get the error message: "Error 99 AdjustPeakWidth.Err.number[99], err.Description{Abundance for mass 322.05 is too low for accurate tuning. Please make sure there is sufficient calibrant and that the TOF is tuned and calibrated. WG: 4000 WO: 4096 MG: 1624 MO:411]" 

We are running the instrument with a Dual ESI Ion Source and we are using fresh ESI-L Low Concentration Tuning Mix from Agilent (this is what we have done in the past many times with success). I am having trouble understanding how we are able to calibrate and tune the TOF if the instrument isn't able to detect mass 322.048121 successfully. I have tried both a regular quad tune as well as initial tune and get the same error message. We are doing a quad tune because our baseline chromatograms are just fuzz and in the past a successful quad tune with Lens2RF refocusing did the trick. 

Any insight you might provide would be greatly appreciated! Attached is an image of a quad tune in progress in case you might notice something off with our parameters. This runs for about half an hour before failing on average. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?